We Can Effectively Address Any Traffic Violation
In Florida, every traffic violation carries points that will be added to your permanent driving record. Too many points will put you in danger of increased insurance premiums and driver’s license suspension. If you have a commercial driver’s license and drive for a living, a traffic violation could put your career in jeopardy.
Even if this is the first time you have been pulled over, it makes sense to enlist a lawyer to help you keep your driving record clean and free of points. At The Murphy Law Group, we provide experienced representation to residents throughout the Sarasota area.
We understand that your livelihood could be at stake, which is why from the moment we take on your case, we take immediate steps to secure the best possible outcome.
What Were You Pulled Over For?
Our lawyers handle:
- Speeding tickets — including one-time and multiple tickets
- Reckless driving — including distracted driving, texting and driving, failure to use turn signals, evading police, street racing and driving too fast for driving conditions (i.e. weather or road conditions)
- Driving without a license — either because of suspension, revocation or because you haven’t passed the appropriate tests
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Accumulating too many points on your license (habitual traffic offender)
- CDL violations — including driving without the appropriate CDL endorsement, following too close, making erratic lane changes, driving under the influence, driving over the speed limit, etc.
- Driver’s license suspension
In addition to representing Sarasota residents, we also defend out-of-state drivers who were pulled over while visiting Florida.
Immediate Attention In All Traffic Violation Cases
When you get a traffic ticket, you want to deal with it quickly and effectively. Some people make the mistake of just paying the fine, thinking that is the easiest option. Unfortunately, they find out that the repercussions are often not easy to deal with.
Attorney Kevin Murphy‘s work as a former prosecutor means he has a positive working relationship with police officers in the Sarasota area. He knows what needs to be done to obtain positive resolutions.
For example: Florida’s four-hour Basic Driver Improvement (BDI) course may be a good option to reduce fines and prevent the addition of points to your driving record. The BDI course also allows drivers to keep their safe driver status and avoid higher insurance premiums.
The Murphy Law Group — We Will Fight For You
At The Murphy Law Group, we believe in securing the best possible outcome for you because we truly care about what happens to you in the long run. If it’s possible to keep points off your record, we will do our best to secure that outcome.
If you would like to discuss your case with our experience criminal defense attorney, contact our Sarasota office to schedule a free initial consultation. Call 941-584-9570 or contact us online to get started.