Blog Banner
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Modifications

We Can Help You Modify A Court Order After A Divorce Or Separation

If you’re a parent who has recently divorced or separated from your spouse, chances are you now have a parenting plan that dictates who has custody of your child or children. Additionally, you may have a child support order in place that dictates which parent makes payments to the other parent each month and for how much. While this arrangement may be working for you now, life is full of changing circumstances that may create conflicts in even the best laid plans, oftentimes warranting the need for modifications.

If you are no longer able to meet the obligations of a parenting plan, an alimony request or a child support order, then it may be time to turn to the compassionate family law attorney at The Murphy Law Group. We have extensive experience handling a variety of family law matters, including petitions to modify a court order, and we are fully prepared to assist clients throughout the Sarasota, Florida, area. We will meet with you to understand your situation, gather the necessary documentation and work diligently and efficiently to resolve your issue.

Experienced Representation From A Qualified Family Law Attorney

After a divorce is finalized, it is possible to modify certain orders if significant changes have occurred. Examples of significant changes include:

  • A geographic move that may affect the custody and visitation arrangements.
  • Income changes such as job loss, increase in salary or a marriage/supportive relationship that may affect child support and alimony.

According to Florida law, child support modifications must be approved by a judge in order to be legally enforceable — even if both parents agree to the change. Depending on the circumstances, modifications can be temporary or permanent.

Attorney Stephanie Murphy understands that determining child support is a numbers game, requiring extreme attention to detail. She is highly experienced in this area and knows how to examine bank statements, tax returns and other documents to prove or disprove a significant change in circumstances. In addition, she is fully prepared to skillfully advocate on your behalf at the modification hearing if an agreement cannot be reached out of court.

Seek Our Help Today

Don’t struggle to meet the demands of a custody or support order that isn’t working for you anymore. If your circumstances have changed significantly, you may be able to get the order changed with help from The Murphy Law Group.

To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us online or call 941-584-9570. For your convenience, we accept all major credit cards.